Wednesday 19 March 2014

Banana Bread for Boys

Well, we are expecting a mix of weather for today: rain, freezing rain, ice pellets and snow. That doesn't stop them though, Bee and my dad are determined to go ice fishing with their buds today. Just incase the weather cooperates, I thought I would bake them something yummy to warm their tummies out on the ice. 


I actually made this last night but I was too tired to add the pictures to my post and everyone knows, pictures are key!

Originally I wanted this banana bread to be healthy-ish; buttermilk, whole wheat and maybe some apple sauce, etc etc! I spent the evening looking at recipes I have used in the past and others using buttermilk debating which one I would use but one would have too much sugar, no buttermilk, there just wasn't really anything with exactly what I wanted so I decided to pick one and do some substitutions/additions! This was the original recipe I was going to follow: banana chocolate chip buttermilk bread. In the end, what I did was nowhere close to this but I thought I should give credit where credit deserved! I will have to try out the buttermilk recipe I came up with another time!



Wishing the boys the best of luck out on the ice today. Hopefully we can have fresh fish tonight for dinner. Until then, I am staying toasty warm indoors with Leo and Dash! 
& I hope you all give my banana bread a chance and let me know what you think or if you did any substitutions of your own!

Happy Baking!


Banana Bread
Yields 2 loaves

2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
3 mashed bananas
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Method
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare 2 loaf pans
2. Mix eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt
3. Mix flour and baking soda, add to wet mixture
4. Add bananas, mix to combine
5. Fold in nuts and chocolate chips
6. Bake for 50 minutes

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment